See more detailed resolves and articles for specific eBay errors here: https://joelister.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/4849032365339-Resolving-Common-eBay-Errors
PLEASE NOTE: eBay errors are common. If your item is receiving an eBay Error when trying to list, you can learn more by clicking "Read error message" to see what eBay is asking from your listing.
- eBay Error  (Missing name in the variation specifics or variation specifics set.)
If you have an Item Specific field detailed for one of the variation items but not for ALL of the other variant children — eBay will not accept the listing. For example you have three different variants of a shoe with these details:
Child 1: Color:Brown, Size 9
Child 2: Color: Brown, Size 10
Child 3: Size 11
In this example, Child 3 needs Color added and then try re-listing after entering that.
- eBay Error  Duplicate variation specifics (Duplicate name-value combination in variation specifics.) You tried to push a listing with a duplicate child product . Remove the duplicate and try listing again. In the example below you would need to remove one of the Brunette children items:
- eBay Error  or eBay Error  : EAN has an invalid value. If you know the correct EAN number enter within the Item Specifics section of the listing tool. Or should be able to list by entering "Does Not Apply" as your EAN value instead.
An example of a failed listing due to invalid EAN:
eBay wants EAN so let's give it to them:
It failed again, now eBay is demanding a UPC:
It is listed now:
- eBay Error  : Required minimum number of photos: 1: This error occurs because Joe was not able to find any images for your item. You'll need to find at least one image for this item and copy the URL of the image into the "Image URLs" field.
- eBay Error  : Input data is invalid: This error typically is a result of a scraping issue on importing the product from Amazon. Something in the import is still not completed fully. Come back to JoeLister tomorrow and try to list the item then. It should work then at that time. If not contact support.
- eBay Error  : Listing is missing required item specific(s): This error occurs because the listing refers to an item with item specifics (such as brand, size or color) that are not specified. After you get this error, when you go to edit the listing on JoeLister (the second time), you will notice there are now text boxes for each item specific that was missing. You will have to fill out these item specifics and click "Save and Create Listing" again. If you hover over the question mark next to the item specific, you'll see some example value for that item specific.
- eBay Error  : The item specific Size Type is missing. The "Size Type" item specific of clothing requires that the value must exactly match one of the examples in the tool-tip. If you don't see the "Size Type" item specific, you can add it yourself in the Item Specifics section of the listing tool, and use "Regular" as the value.
- eBay Error  : Listing violates the Duplicate Listing policy: This error means that you already have a live eBay listing for this item. Please remove the existing listing if you want to create it with JoeLister, or link the existing listing to Amazon through the CSV upload in your JoeLister Advanced Settings.
- eBay Error  : This listing would cause you to exceed the amount you can list: eBay sets limits on the dollar value and number of items you can list on your account. If you encounter this error, you can reach out to eBay customer support to have your limits raised.
- eBay Error  : The item cannot be listed or modified: This is a general eBay error, and will have more details directly from eBay below it. Usually, if you get this error, you should try to make a listing by hand via the eBay website, and it will indicate to you exactly what the problem is (JoeLister can't make listings for you unless you can create listings manually through eBay).
- eBay Error : Your weekly selling activity limits have been exceeded, or the user has not registered as a seller. Please check eBay for selling requirements.:
- eBay Error : Change listing duration through Advanced Settings to match eBay's rules: To resolve this error, you must change the listing duration type in order for it to be allowed in the specified category. Go to Settings > Advanced Settings and change the "Listing Type" according to eBay's rule (or trial and error). Ex: changing GTC to 30 Days. Don't forget to change it back to your standard choice once those specific error listings are published.
- eBay Error  : Invalid auction currency. This means your item is being categorized to the wrong region. For example, it could have been put in a US item category, instead of the UK equivalent. Fix this by manually finding a category for that item in the proper region. Easiest way to do this is to search the item you are selling on eBay and look at what categories competitors have placed their items. Link them to the eBay category directory as well.
- eBay Error  : You need to create a seller's account. This means you either don't have a seller account on eBay, or don't have all the necessary information filled out on eBay for your seller account. Try creating a listing manually through eBay's interface -- eBay will then give you a better description of what information they are missing. In particular, log into your eBay account and add an automatic payment method for your eBay selling fees.
- eBay Error  : Package weight is not valid or is missing. Please add a line to the "Product Details" that looks like "Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds". JoeLister will then add this to the Package Weight for eBay next time you try to list this item.
- eBay Error  : Required field, UPC, is missing. JoeLister tries to guess UPCs for you when required, but sometimes this guessing fails. In this case, edit that item on JoeLister and add an "item specific" with "Dimension" set to "UPC" and "Value" set to the actual UPC of the item. Ensure that your UPCs are valid, there are online checkers for validation you can use. If your number is an EAN it must be converted to an UPC (often just adding a zero to the number). You may also be able to simply enter "Does Not Apply" as the UPC value within Item Details for some eBay categories.
- eBay Error  : Approved electronic payment method is missing. You'll need to go into your eBay settings and ensure that you have enabled accepting payments with PayPal. Try these: Set up Automatic Payments, also make sure your PayPal email is correct in your Payment Profile.
- eBay Error  or eBay Error : Email address cannot be used for PayPal payments at this time. Your PayPal account is not in good standing. You'll need to log in to paypal.com and resolve any issues. See here for more info.
- eBay Error  : Return policy is not specified. This means your Business Policies didn't get created automatically by our system for some reason. Verify that you saved your PayPal email address for eBay in User Settings. Enter and save if this was blank. If that doesn't resolve things, go into your eBay settings and view your existing Business Policies. Make sure that you have a return policy profile in your eBay Business Policies named "JOELISTER_RETURN_POLICY_PROFILE". By the way you also need a shipping profile ("JOELISTER_SHIPPING_PROFILE") and payment profile ("JOELISTER_PAYMENT_PROFILE"). If you are not seeing these likely your eBay account is still not opted in for Business Policies. Go here for instructions or contact eBay Customer Support for help enabling this feature. For more info on eBay Business Policies: https://joelister.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205403938-Managing-Your-Listing-Shipping-Return-Rules-Business-Policy-Profiles-
- eBay Error : Local Pickup Error Create a shipping policy and make sure it is named JOELISTER_SHIPPING_PROFILE. This is how and where you should edit these settings: https://joelister.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205403938-Managing-Your-Listing-Shipping-Return-Rules-Business-Policy-Profiles- Also please read this article in full to understand which shipping policies are accepted by JoeLister: https://joelister.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206575077-How-are-my-eBay-shipping-prices-set- Any that fall outside of those specifications will be defaulted to standard shipping.
- eBay Error : Package weight is not valid or is missing. The category for this item requires package weight to be specified in the listing, but these were not obtainable from Amazon. We automatically added this to the Product Details for that listing: "Shipping Weight: [WEIGHT] oz". Please set the weight, so this line reads like "Shipping Weight: 5 oz", and try listing again.
- eBay Error  : Postal code is not valid. (Please enter a valid postal code.) When you get the postal code error, you need to update your JOELISTER_SHIPPING_PROFILE eBay business profile. Your JOELISTER_SHIPPING_PROFILE should be set to "Flat:..." in the setting shown in the screenshot below. If you have set to calculated, eBay will not know where your FBA inventory is located and the listings fail. Once you set the shipping to "Flat" you should be able to post normally.
- eBay Error : Please enter valid dimensions for your package. This category for this item requires package dimensions to be specified in the listing, but these were not obtainable from Amazon. We automatically added this to the Product Details for that listing: "Product Dimensions: [LENGTH] x [DEPTH] x [WIDTH] in". Please set these parameters, so this line reads like "Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 12 x 5 in", and try listing again.
- eBay Error  : Internal error to the application. (Internal error to the application.) This is a generic eBay error, but when we contacted eBay to ask what to do about it, they said that the likely cause of this is that business policies aren't properly set up. For more on how to set up your business policies, see this article.
- eBay Error [21919262}: Your PayPal address is not found. This usually means that your PayPal email address is either not entered into your shipping profile, was mistyped, or that your PayPal address has not been verified. See this article for instructions on how to check if your business profiles are properly set up, and then check your JOELISTER_PAYMENT_PROFILE for the correct PayPal address. Make sure that you also have an automatic payment method set. If you do not have a JOELISTER_PAYMENT_PROFILE in your business policy profiles, please create one, label it as such, and make sure your PayPal address is entered accordingly. This is the screen where your PayPal address is likely missing:
- Other: Most errors from eBay are fairly self-explanatory, but if you see one that you don't understand, please file a ticket here.